Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Chilcoat

Default dead blow hammer

I have a Stanley ball-pein deadblow hammer that's kinda like that except
there are steel faces sticking out of the plastic. The plastic around the
head disintegrated in a similar manner, but Stanley tools are "guaranteed
for life". Unfortunately, to collect on the guarantee, you have to send it
back to Stanley. The cost to ship it back and get a new one is more than
the cost of a new hammer. So I'm using it as is.

"Jim Geib" wrote in message
.. .
I've got a 25 year old snapon that look just like that, wacked a break
drum with it and it ended up in a pile on the floor.

Jim Geib
"William Wixon" wrote in message
ever wonder what the inside of a dead blow hammer looks like? i have.
now i know.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~wwixon/deadblow.jpg

was whacking on the step pulley to see if i could break it loose and was
astonished when this dead blow hammer disintegrated. wasn't hitting the
pulley particularly hard, i figure the plastic must've gotten tired.
wasn't particularly cold in my shop either, 39 degrees F.

b.w.