Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M

Default FWW Article on sharpening machines

Read the FWW aricle and concur with your observation.

IMHO most rags understand that their revenue stream is based on
adverisers, not subscribers. Not "biting the hand" is, regretfully,
symptomatic.

While that is true and I can understand that balancing act, other
advertising magazines to manage to do much better veviews.

The author could have provided a table of list prices capacities and
capabilities/jigs for each machine. The author did not even manage to do
this in the form of prose because he reviewed each tool differently.

BTW, does anyone in their right mind try to lap tools on the side of a
wheel? I've never tried it but it seems to me it would have all the
effectiveness of flattening a table table top with a belt sander.

-Steve