Posted to alt.home.repair
Grant Meyer

Default Is there anything wrong with batteries sold at dollar stores?

Some of those batteries will leak - I have used them a lot in the past and
many times had this problem, maybe because of our hot climate? So I do
still use them but just in cheapo items but for anything like my remote
controls etc I always buy the more expensive batteries. Also the cheapie
batteries won't even power up my digital camera, there mustn't be enough
strength in them.

"miamicuse" wrote in message
A typical 8 pack AA batteries at a drug store may run around $7 or $9. But
at the dollar store you can find 8 packs for only $1 with brands like
"Panasonic". What is the difference? I am sure Duracells last longer,
but
does it last 8 times longer?

MC