Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Banes

Default FWW Article on sharpening machines

Read the FWW aricle and concur with your observation.

IMHO most rags understand that their revenue stream is based on
adverisers, not subscribers. Not "biting the hand" is, regretfully,
symptomatic.

There are avery few magazines that avoid this problem. Two I know (and
subscribe to) are Gun Tests and Consumers Report. They both call it
like it is because they accept no advertising.

Gun Tests has saved me lots of bucks (or tears) on firearm's stuff
that sounds good, comes from "reputable" manufacturers, but fails the
real world test.

Wish we woodwookers had an equivalent.

Regards.

Tom

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:06:02 -0500, "Stephen M"
wrote:

Did anyone else think that article left allot to be desired?

-Steve