Jeff P

Default Logan Lathe Tool Gloat

someone would know.... I need to get a 220 outlet set up in the
garage, and I think I'll need a 3-phase converter. I'll have an
electrician put in the 220 outlet, but I'm not sure what to do about

Jeff, thats just the coolant pump/high/low/forward/reverse relays. You
do need a phase converter. Take a look at the motor data plate and see
what the HP rating is. You can get by with a cheapy PhaseOmatic
converter or take the time and make your own rotary converter from the
various free plans done by many of the gentlemen on this newsgroup. Id
be happy to donate a 3 phase motor of proper horsepower. I can probably
scrounge you up a cabinet, and other Stuff as well.

Wow, thanks again, I'll gratefuly take you up on your offer! The Logan
has a 2hp 3-phase motor. Do you still have my work email? I'll be
happy to send any other info off-list.

Im still looking for other sources. Oh..btw..did you ask Greer about
chucks? He had some L0 three jaws for around $50 G

I ended up buying a nice, almost-new independent 4-jaw from Greer. I
was fooling around with centering some of the bar-stock I got when I
picked up the Logan and I can get the 4-jaw to center to a thou' or
so. Pretty cool! Thanks for the tip! (If anyone's curious, Greer's in
So. Cal., site is at: http://www.greermachinery.com/).

Hey, did you get that Gorton mill ID'd?