Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

Default Another 555 question

On 2005-12-27, Henry wrote:

Looking for a way to make a 555 timer astable circuit "triggerable." Seem
all the circuits I see (I think the some one over and over again) show an
astable 555 rigger to run constantly as a "clock." Right now I am using a
transistor to power up and down the 555, but it seems there should be a
better way. Basically I want "bursts" of pulses based on a trigger. (And it
needs to reset itself, not needing any manual reset.)

use the reset input signal and invert the output ?
have you downloaded a 555 datasheet from the manufacturer?

Bye.
Jasen