Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default The 50 Greatest Gadgets of the Past 50 Years

It lost the war when the schools let young kids bring them to school and use them.
Once the volume got over the top - and in all homes - HP didn't have much a volume
just in tech - but tech keeps buying every one they can.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Bob Shuman wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message

m II wrote:

I don't like the direction the company has taken. My experiences with
some of their printers have soured me on the 'new' HP. I loved their
products and philosophy until the end of the HP 41 era. They've turned
into just another mass marketer, with all the cheap plastic trappings
that accompany that mindset. .

I just never could follow a mindset that expresses an equation as

one enter one plus two

when it's meant to be

one plus one equals two

This is what was called "Reverse Polish Notation" for the HP calculators.
It was only popular with a select group of engineers and scientists even
though it did not require parenthesis for complex equations. It lost the
marketing war to the more popular standard notation used by TI.

Bob