Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default Shop tips

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: Pete Keillor writes on Tue, 27
Dec 2005 19:37:19 -0500 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:31:59 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On 27 Dec 2005 17:26:14 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Put a piece of peel-and-stick measuring tape on top of one of
the jaws on your bench vise. Very handy when having to hacksaw a bolt
by a specific amount.

Peel and stick measuring tape? Ive never even heard of it. Sounds
right handy.

Got a link?

Gunner

The only place I've ever seen it (or used it) is in sporting goods
stores for measuring fish. Skinny stuff for your rod, wider for your
gunwale. Nowadays, I just throw 'em down on the aluminum yardstick.

Any "good" hardware store will have them. I know Starrett make's em.
"Measuring tape - Adhesive" in the Enco catalog.

Other option would be to pick up the cheap/freebie paper tapes
sometimes given away in furniture or fabric stores. Not as durable ... but
cheaper.

Pete Keillor

--
pyotr filipivich