Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Leonhardt

Default Lathe Stand Design

Bill Leonhardt wrote:
SNIP

The lathe doesn't have a stand so I'll make one for it.
I know I can cobble a stand together that would be adequate, however it
would be really good to see designs that others have used. I'm sure there
are many clever designs out there, so please point me to a web page ( or
email me a picture) of the stand you have made for your lathe(s).

Thanks George, Derek, Lobby, Joe and Bruce for your replys. I would
have thanked you sooner, but I lost news group access for a few
days...so it goes.

I really appreciate the advice about being sure the "stance" is
adequate. I can see where that is important. Also, I had planned on
adding weight to the stand via cement blocks (so I could remove them
easily for moving), however, after thinking about it for a while, the
sand would probably be better at damping vibration.

Lastly, a little thing like leaving clearance under the bed for
clean-up wasn't obvious to me and putting it in, I'm sure, will make my
life a lot easier.

Thanks again,

Bill Leonhardt