Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default telephone extension cable

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:26:41 -0000, "Vortex"
wrote:

"Neil" wrote in message
Seasons greetings,
The " kids" have dragged us into the 21st century with a sky installation.
Unfortunately I need to put a telephone extension in, to accommodate it.
The only way is through an outside wall in the bedroom down the outside
wall and back in to the living room. Do I need special cable for outside,
or is the white stuff okay to use?
Many thanks for any advice.
Neil

I wouldn't bother.

FYI whilst Sky make it a contractual obligation you don't need the extension
at all. If you have the system installed and it works then you can just
leave it at that. Software updates are done via satellite.

The only "benefit" of the telephone connection is so you can "buy"
interactive services of various sorts (all mediocre compared to the www),
also Pay per View movies.

The PPV can be bought over the (voice) phone....

--

..andy