Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

Default Machining a 5# chunk of Fruit cake

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

http://www.collinstreet.com/

These are to kill for. Real nuts, Real fruit.
I bought a large one for work one year - I was the Engineering Manager -
what did I know - by lunch it was gone. I think it was a 7 pound size.

The President - a Greek - bought them the next year.

Martin

Real nuts, Real fruit. Big hairy deal! They got the color all wrong!
:-)

My grannies fruitcake was dark, solid, heavy, moist, and as sweet as
love! Mmmmmm! It definitely was an exercise in long term planning in the
making, and I'd bet there was nearly a mortgage involved in buying the
ingredients, but man, I can almost taste it!

Never had piece of pale fruitcake that could stand up to that, though
some of them were pretty good for overweight dessert cakes. :-P

Mmmm, happy thoughts! Thanks!

Cheers
Trevor Jones