Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

Default Refrigerator - freezer defrost test

Ed wrote:
"TURTLE" wrote

Now Ed , you do all the test you
can do on this refrigerator and still find nothing wrong . Now What do
you do ?

nothing wrong, you did them wrong.

This is Turtle.

now Ed , your going to tell me that as you say you have worked on
refrigerators for 31 years and never seen a defrost timer jam and
before you get there or when you get there it the timer goes back to
working before you see it. when you get there the coil is frozen up ,
defrost timer is running, defrost terminator is closed, and the defrost
element has no breaks or defects. at this time you can run all the test
you want on the box and it will show no problem.

Now explain to me this problem as to what you would do ? Is there a
test to see if the timer just jammed or stopped and went back to
running or how to you handle this problem ? what you explain to me can
be useful to me in my business and this is not a joke or cheap shot. i
know most all about what you will explain here so just get a little
complex if you like.

TURTLE