Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

Default Refrigerator - freezer defrost test

"TURTLE" wrote

Now Ed , you do all the test you
can do on this refrigerator and still find nothing wrong . Now What do
you do ?

nothing wrong, you did them wrong.

Thirdly the words that i stated was the old time refrigerator service
people [ not me ] who have workied on these refrigerator all thier
lives and have this as a rule of their business.

I have been doing it for 31 years, never heard that rule.

I was told this by all
the refrigerator service people eversince i was a kid [ 40 something
years ] when you can't find a problem with the defrost system -- change
the defrost timer. Also sears tells their tech this same words when
they can't find anything wrong with the defrost system -- change the
defrost timer.

It's wrong, I don't care who says to do it.

Fourth No disrespect at all but these words have been carried down the
through the years and is still used in the refrigerator business today.

Not anywhere I know.

Now what i think here. On the old stuff i would say yes , but on the
new stuff NO, Sorry if my opinion differes from your !

No problem.