Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Blower motor died on a 18 year old Furnace: Update 2

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:54:42 -0600, RP
wrote:

I didn't doubt you for a moment, I was just clarifying because your
statement could have easily been misinterpreted as meaning that there
was some requirement for heating speed to be lower.

NORMALLY, the heating speed is lower, simply because the engineers
arranged for it to be. Lower face velocity and higher temp means less
draft and thus more comfort for the occupants. It is however less efficient.

How does this apply to auto heaters?

You're the first person I've seen mention that one can get iiuyouc,
almost the same result with lower velocity and higher temp.

I like to put my car fan on one of the lower two speeds, because it
makes too much noise in the higher two.

I figure that at lower speeds, the air spends more time in the heater
core, and gets hotter, so that makes up for the fact that there is
less hot air.

Am I right, and do you have a guess about how much heat speed 2 puts
out compared to speed 3? It's a Chrysler at the moment.

hvacrmedic

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.