Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Speechless

Default taking water out of air supply

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:37:12 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

Holy Crap! You really messed up MY day! All I got is a two horse
compressor and some hose. I never suspected I needed all those things.

Oh, well, like I NEED a reason to go to the tool store.

Steve, who's going to be antsy knowing I need all this stuff, and most
stores closed tomorrow.

It depends on what you are using the machine for. If you don't need
dry air, adding a desiccant dryer is wasting your money and adding a
maintenance point to service the thing.

I have a two horse, 6 gallon portable and some hose that I use to
inflate tires and to blow swarf around into places it shouldn't be.

All I've done is install a Milton #1018 micro filter in front of the
O.E.M. regulator after replacing the regulator a couple of times due
to impurities in the air. It protects the regulator from dirt and
takes out enough moisture to make me happy. The compressor is
oil-less, so oil is not an issue. I'm quite happy with the set up for
what I use it.