Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
G.W.

Default For Gunner

Hawke wrote:

So your solution to is to let Bush turn the agencies responsible for
national security into a modern day version of the Gestapo? By your thinking
that's the best answer to terrorism. Just create our own secret police and
put no constitutional restrictions on what they can do. There's no doubt
they would be effective. Of course, this wouldn't be a free country anymore.
But hey, who cares, at least we would be safe, right? Oh, wait a minute,
even the Gestapo couldn't stop the French underground from sabotage and
killing Germans. So we'd give up our freedom and would still have the threat
of Al Qaeda.

Hawke

How did we go from monitoring overseas phone calls to the Gestapo?