Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default For Gunner

In article , Ed Huntress says...

So now, Monday-morning quarterbacking, we're able to say just how far along
the path toward a police state we should have gone in order to prevent this
particular attack. One wonders to what degree we should implement a police
state in order to prevent the next attack. Maybe monitoring *everyone's*
phone calls will do it. Or maybe they'll use semaphore next time. We can
monitor all flag-waving. Or, if everything else fails, we can just make
someone responsible for knowing what the FBI is supposed to do. Maybe the
Justice Department will wake up and realize it's them.

I've a better idea, Ed. It'll probably be announced by the
adminstration shortly so I'll tip the hand and explain how it
works.

Basically the police arrest every single person inside the
borders of the US. That will be sure that ever single terrorist
gets caught. Then they just interview each person arrested,
and everyone they think is innocent gets let go.

Anyone who objects to this plan is either a) a terrorist or
b) an anti-bush malcontent. Either way the ones complaining
will be detained permanently.

How much liberty are you willing to give up for a little "maybe" security,
Gunner?

It's a done deal Ed, we've already trashed about three parts of the
bill of rights already.

sigh

Jim

please reply to: