Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll

Default For Gunner

Gunner Asch wrote:
On 23 Dec 2005 15:49:22 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

but I'd
dare say that if we had another major Al Qaida attack and it was
found that the government was purposely Not monitoring
communication of overseas calls with Al Qaida suspects, there would
be another round of calls for impeachment.

That's what I don't *get*. There is a secret court that has been
set up for many years, their only purpose in life is to provide
WARRANTS for these taps inside of 72 hours whenever the
administration wants them. Yet they were not using that court to
obtain warrants, when they could have.

They tried to get a FISA warrant to search a stumbling bumbling
students laptop, a fellow named Moussaoui.

No they didn't Gunner. This falsehood is widely reported but it isn't true.
They specifically did not ask for a warrant because the FO didn't want his
name associated with it.
IOW, the FBI chickens put their carreer ahead of the citizens of the US they
are sworn to protect. Nice....

In any event, the search could have gone forward immediately on the
authoriity of the President through the AG's office and a warrant
subsequently applied for within 72 hours.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.