Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default CFL RO 80 style

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Last time I saw the Genura it was over £20 as well.

Yes, they have been up at that price in B&Q.

When I first bought them, they were £11.50+VAT in boxed
quantities (which was only a tiny bit more than other retrofit
compact fluorescents at that time). The price climbed a little
after that, but does not seem to have changed a lot. Certainly
they haven't dropped in price the same way other retrofit
compact fluorescents have over the last 10 years.

Well, I've just bought one. Just under 20 quid. Colour temperature 2700k.
Even at a room temp of 20C it starts at near zero light output but quickly
comes up to full. Quite restful, really. ;-)

I hope I live long enough for it to pay for itself. It says it's 80%
efficient.

--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.