Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default For Gunner

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip

In Bush's case the odds are that his failure to stay
within the bounds of the FISA act means he's guilty of a crime. With a
Republican majority in Congress it's moot. He could commit murder and they
would not find he did anything wrong. Which is why letting Republicans
control all the branches of the government mustn't be allowed to happen
again.

Hawke

Or Democrats. When one party controls the executive and the legislative
branches, all pretense of checks and balances goes to hell -- like the
earlier part of Bush's presidency, for example, and some previous terms of
Democrats in our lifetimes (if my memory is correct about Dems controlling
both the House and Senate at the same time, while a Dem president is in
office. I'd have to check about the Senate).

It's interesting to see how Congress is behaving since Bush became a weak
lame duck, however. Now it takes just a few Republicans to switch sides on
an issue and it's stalled. This probably is a good thing, because we were
winding up with some ideological federal legislation that didn't reflect
majority interests.

--
Ed Huntress