Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

Default For Gunner

"G.W." wrote in message
oups.com...
4th Amendment:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers,
supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place
to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Yep, I see it. It says right there that international phone calls to
Al Qaida-connected people shall not be monitored in time of war (unless
a court has taken the time to approve it, of course).

One of the groups that the government likes to listen in on overseas happens
to be American journalists. They make calls from overseas to the US all the
time. Lots of times they may have information the government might want,
like who they have been in contact with, terrorists maybe? Those journalists
have a right to privacy, which is in the constitution. Sure, they're not
terrorists but so what if the government goes a little too far and taps them
anyway. It might stop a terrorist act, right?

Once you let the government get rolling they never know when to stop. Give
up a few rights and the next thing you know they want to take some
more...and more. It's like taxes, once they put them on something how often
do they take them off? Like, haven't they taken in enough taxes yet to have
paid for that bridge in San Francisco? If we don't keep a tight leash on the
government we're going to wind up with a tight one on us.

Hawke