Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default CFL RO 80 style

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel andrew@a17 wrote:
I have an RO80 in an ancient imitation TV type lamp which came from
Habitat and has barn doors - so ideal for just lighting the keyboard
without spilling on the screen. But the bulb seems to blow every other
month. The 15 times + life seemed attractive. Perhaps I'll treat
myself to a Xmas present. ;-)

One other thing -- they are not available in 2700K. They are
manufacturered in 3000K and IIRC 3500K. The 3000K will appear slightly
cold when mixed with filament lamps. I don't know which colour
temperature B&Q stocks.

Don't think that would be a problem - I don't use it with the room
lighting. And a nearer match to the monitor would be no bad thing.

--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.