Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default CFL RO 80 style

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Just why are these so expensive? 13 quid in B&Q...

I presume you are refering to the 23W GE Genura?

Yup.

[snip super explanation]

I have an RO80 in an ancient imitation TV type lamp which came from
Habitat and has barn doors - so ideal for just lighting the keyboard
without spilling on the screen. But the bulb seems to blow every other
month. The 15 times + life seemed attractive. Perhaps I'll treat myself to
a Xmas present. ;-)

One other thing -- they are not available in 2700K.
They are manufacturered in 3000K and IIRC 3500K.
The 3000K will appear slightly cold when mixed
with filament lamps. I don't know which colour
temperature B&Q stocks.

--
Andrew Gabriel