Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default Tektronix oscilloscope focus pot.

"David Briscoe" wrote in message
Hi,
I contacted Piher UK and they say they stopped making focus pots 8-10
years
ago.
They have suggested I try Panasonic as they make TV's.I will try this
anyway.
It would be a shame to waste a good scope because of one part.

Perhaps as a last resort you could wire in some resistors and use a standard
pot with a plastic shaft? To reduce the voltage across the pot you'll lose
some adjustment range but if you select the components correctly it should
do the trick and be an adequate bodge. It certainly better than dumping the
scope.

Dave