Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default For Gunner

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
. com...

G.W.,
You can't legistlate morality.

Feeling contrary today, I'm going to agree with Robert Bork on this one and
say that ALL legislation is legislation of morality. We make laws to
distinguish what we think is right from wrong; morality is the distinction
between right and wrong; all legislation is about morality.

I think what you're referring to here is primarily sexual behavior, maybe
with some social behavior added in. We effectively legislate against many
aspects of those things on which there is a large consensus. On others, the
consensus breaks down, and the laws are largely or partially ignored.

--
Ed Huntress