Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Power supply

Martin, I think you're onto something. There's no reason that my
desktop machine needs to change fan speeds to pinch pennies. Before I
get a new PS i'd like to see if I can set it for full speed all the
time and solve my problem simply. I went into control panel/ power
options/power schemes tab and tried all combinations of settings. Each
time I got the message "Power policy manager unable to set policy" and
"Indicates two revision levels are incompatable". Do you know how to
set this feature? Compaq was no help.
John

12. Martin H. Eastburn
Dec 22, 7:35 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
From: "Martin H. Eastburn" - Find messages
by this author
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:35:42 -0600
Subject: Power supply
original | Report Abuse

The uP's have sensors under them or inside as the case of some.
The fans are modulated to the airflow needed. If the room is cool it
might
take a while - and if the cpu is in sleep mode - maybe not at all.

Drove us crazy in the lab - like an engine fan today - never know when
a fan
starts up.

I'd contact Compaq - and inquire. You likely have a power saving mode
on and
that might be part of it.

RMB (right mouse button) in the open desk top and go to settings - ..
see the world -
select that settings...

Martin