Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll

Default For Gunner

G.W. wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:

G.W.,
You can't legistlate morality.
Be a better parent. What better opportunity is there to teach proper
moral behavior is there?
I do realize that many parents are simply to lazy or irresponsible
to be of much use as parents but that's the only real answer and
it's also the whole problem.
The same is true for abortion and other like issues. Making this
illegal won't appreciably reduce demand. If you want to reduce
demand bring kids up not to "demand" the things in the first place.
As long as that demand exists a supply will be at hand. That may
outrage some but the facts remain outrage or no...

Ok, I can go along with that up to a point. Raising moral children is
a good solution. On the other hand, you still don't want to live in a
society that has absolutely no limits. I don't think we need a whore
house on every corner under some bogus idea of "free speech".

Absent significant demand you wouldn't have such. No Bucks - No Buck Rogers
:)

I do, however, agree that clear limits need to be in place. THAT problem is
legistlative.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.