Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
G.W.

Default For Gunner

jim rozen wrote:

The current adminstration *tried* to ask congress for the ability
to do warrentless wiretapping on citizens in the US. They were
not allowed to this. The answer was "NO."

It also doesn't say "GW's house cannot be searched without a warrant."

So your house can now be entered and searched by the police, at any
time, without them having to obtain a warrant from a judge. Right?

You've just given up your rights under the fourth amendment, and you
didn't even know it.

Jim

Well, of course nobody wants the government "spying" on them but I'd
dare say that if we had another major Al Qaida attack and it was found
that the government was purposely Not monitoring communication of
overseas calls with Al Qaida suspects, there would be another round of
calls for impeachment.
Nobody is talking about breaking into anyone's house without a search
warrant. I could be wrong but I thought it was all about communications
to other countries with people suspected of having something to do with
terrorists. I also thought that the information found could not be used
in court, so if your French bookie called you there would be no worry.
GW