Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Advice needed for ideas for moving Radiator pipes

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:46:48 -0000, "M.D.Palmer"
wrote:

Wow, fantastic posts guys. Many thanks!

Just want to double check something, so every time i make a cut of the
plastic pipe, I need to insert a pipe insert before connecting to the 90
degree angle or T joint etc?
Does this help stop the pipe from collapsing slightly?

Yes to all of the above. Do make sure that you get the ones from the
same manufacturer as the fitting. THey vary quite a bit.

The thing that worries me about using copper pipes is not being able to heat
the joint all the way around due to confined spaces under the floor boards.

Copper conducts heat well. You may need to protect behind the
fitting with a heat mat to avoid singing the joists etc.

--

..andy