Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
paulfoel

Default White Knight tumble dryer - drum not turning UPDATE

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article . com,
"paulfoel" writes:
OK. Changed the capacitor but now I cant get the motor to run at all
!!!!

Just to explain how its connected. From the switch/timer theres one
wire straight to the motor, and two to the capacitor. Then two run from
the capacitor to the motor.

What you describe doesn't seem to have any neutral connection.
Are you sure you haven't lost a wire somewhere?
How many separate terminals are there on the old and new capacitors,
not counting multiple connections to the same terminals?

The sole wire is live (I checked). What should be live into/out of the
capacitor. Why two wires in and out?

Should the motor run with just the one live? What about earth/ground?

Can someone explain whats what?

Probably not without more info.

What further info do u need?