Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerry

Default Finishing Quarter Sawn Sycamoe

"Scott Lemonds" wrote in message
I need some finishing suggestions for some quarter sawn sycamore. The
guy I bought it from said not to use oil - it muddies the grain. He
suggested shellac, possibly with Transtint dye if more color was
needed.

I'll be using this wood for the panels in a sideboard that I want to
build and really want to show off the beautiful grain this stuff has.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Scott in KC

Having a woodcutter come over between now and New Years to drop a sycamore.
The tree has been throwing
limbs at the neighbors and hit one of thier cars. Well better the car than a
kid. Sorry to see the tree go but the wood
will be put to good use. Anybody know if one can obtain sycamore veneered
plywood?

regards
9 Finger Jer