Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Default Casters on an H press?

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Grant is right about bigger casters.

I would still extend the legs to provide a wider base.

Also when you move, if you can lower the center of gravity of the press
by lowering parts of it or removing parts I would.

Some people store all their dies, tooling, etc. on the press which adds
hundreds of pounds to the unit.

TMT

There's an idea, when you replace the flimsy angle iron legs with
Unistrut or square tube so that will resist the twisting forces from the
casters, build a bottom shelf as part of the assembly so you can store
press plates, dies, etc at the bottom. This will keep everything
together as you move it about the shop, and also help with the CG a bit.

Pete C.