Posted to uk.d-i-y
M.D.Palmer

Default Advice needed for ideas for moving Radiator pipes

Wow, fantastic posts guys. Many thanks!

Just want to double check something, so every time i make a cut of the
plastic pipe, I need to insert a pipe insert before connecting to the 90
degree angle or T joint etc?
Does this help stop the pipe from collapsing slightly?

The thing that worries me about using copper pipes is not being able to heat
the joint all the way around due to confined spaces under the floor boards.

Thanks again guys.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
M.D.Palmer wrote:

I'm after some advice as to what type of pipe is best to use. I've read
that plastic pipe is simpler to use as it avoids the tricky soldering of
copper pipes.

Plastic is easy enough, but there are a few things to watch. Make sure you
use pipe inserts in the end of the pipe at each join. Cut the pipe square
using a plastic pipe cutting tool designed for the job.

So I was thinking of using plastic piping for under the floor boards and
then just connecting copper pipes for the upshoots to the radiators.

Yup, that is a common solution. Use can use pushfit fittings for
everything if you want. Again remember to get a pipe cutter for the copper
and *do not* use a hacksaw to cut it when using pushfit (the sharp edges
left on the pipe will damage the water sealing 'O' ring in the fitting and
it will leak.

--
Cheers,

John.