Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Advice needed for ideas for moving Radiator pipes

M.D.Palmer wrote:

I'm after some advice as to what type of pipe is best to use. I've read that
plastic pipe is simpler to use as it avoids the tricky soldering of copper
pipes.

Plastic is easy enough, but there are a few things to watch. Make sure
you use pipe inserts in the end of the pipe at each join. Cut the pipe
square using a plastic pipe cutting tool designed for the job.

So I was thinking of using plastic piping for under the floor boards and
then just connecting copper pipes for the upshoots to the radiators.

Yup, that is a common solution. Use can use pushfit fittings for
everything if you want. Again remember to get a pipe cutter for the
copper and *do not* use a hacksaw to cut it when using pushfit (the
sharp edges left on the pipe will damage the water sealing 'O' ring in
the fitting and it will leak.

--
Cheers,

John.