Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

Default Advice needed for ideas for moving Radiator pipes

M.D.Palmer wrote:
Hi there,

We've just bought our first house and we need to move some radiator pipes. I
want to try and have a go at this myself before calling a professional.

I'm after some advice as to what type of pipe is best to use. I've read that
plastic pipe is simpler to use as it avoids the tricky soldering of copper
pipes.

You can use compression joints with copper pipes that are made simply
with a couple of spanners. If you are really opposed to soldering
(although its not that hard and certainly not "tricky"!) then these are
just as good, albeit a tad more expensive.