Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Furnace will not come on unless I reset circuit breaker.

"Tekkie®" wrote in message
John posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

"CBHVAC" wrote in
:

"John" wrote in message
"Noon-Air" wrote in
:

its broken, call your favorite tech.

Once I get the error codes I can go from there. I see no reasons to
call for an expensive service call when all I need to do is clean a
flame sensor
or replace a $45 ignitor.

Is this your post?
No change in our venting. It is, however, much colder than it has
been in previous winters.

I did replace an EXTREMELY dirty furnace filter the day before the
problem started. I can't imagine though, how this would bear on the
situation.

If you cant figure out how a dirty filter can cause a unit to trip out
and lock out and stay in a locked out condition, then you REALLY do
need to call a qualified tech out.

Ya got it backwards. The problem didn't start until AFTER I replaced the
filter.

As it turns out, we got an offer in the mail from our furnace guy for a
reduced price furnace checkup. We are going to call. In the end, we'll
find out the deal.

ANY furnace guy that isn't busy right now HAS got to be a hack. Think
about
it.

No kidding...booking now installs now for late Feb, and into March
again...just when you think you get caught up...

--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don't know and I don't care...

Tekkie