Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

Default Refrigerator - freezer defrost test

"mm" wrote in message

Doesn't this thing have slide on connectors? Why not putting the
ammeter right in the circuit? Most people don't have a clamp-on.

Actually, you're right. There's a connector that plugs onto the timer and
another one near the Temp Control. Could have allowed the freezer to cool
and close the defrost thermo, then checked continuity of the whole ckt
downstream from that plug.

As it is, I had a clamp-on attachment for a multimeter and this was an
excuse to use it. Also made me aware how much current is used.

Rich