Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Joe Fleming

Default Lathe Stand Design

Bill,

Woodsmith magazine has a lathe stand as the feature item way back
around issue #12. You can adapt the dimensions for your lathe. I
built one for my first lathe and it meets all your requirements.

I made it out of three layers of 3/4" MDF trimmed in maple or poplar.
My modifications to the basic design: Changed the dimensions for my
lathe. Cut a hole in the top on the left for the motor under the
bench. Hinged the motor like a contractor tablesaw motor to tension
the belt and change belt positions. Made a false front door to look
like a pair of drawers. Two drawers on the right instead of one. Made
the sand box deeper for more sand.

Joe Fleming - San Diego