Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Default Casters on an H press?

Grant Erwin wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I think it is a great idea.

I also think I would extend the legs...H presses can be top heavy and
one needs to anticipate what happens when you are rolling the press and
a caster catches on a floor crack.

big casters, not bigger legs ..

GWE

Replace the angle iron with some Unistrut so it has some ability to
resist twisting. Use good 4" poly double locking casters such as the
ones sold by Wood Craft. They are rigid poly so they maintain stability,
they are fairly hard so they resist picking up shop debris and the
locking mechanism provides solid locking for both rolling and swiveling.
I use the version with the 1/2" center hole mounting on a roughly 4' x
6' power adjustable height work table that can handle around 1,000# and
they work very well.

Pete C.