Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default Power supply

for what it's worth, there are two designs for these fans, one with
ball bearings, one with bushings - the one with bushings typically
fails by having the oil disappear, and can be repaired once or twice
by reoiling - after that the busings are shot and you can toss the fan
or change the bushings.

to oil, remove the fan, remove the label from the center of the fan.
in the center you will see a small plastic split washer that acts like
a "C" clip to h old the fan in place. remove it, and remove the one
or two washers below it (remember the order they came out in so you
can put them back the same way). pull the fan blade assembly off,
lubricate the bushings, and reassemble. it should be good for another
year or two.

On 22 Dec 2005 13:03:07 -0800,
wrote:

I have a Compaq Presario 6010 us about 2-1/2 yrs old. It has XP home
-sp2, 736 mb ram, 40 GB hd, 1.4 ghz cpu.
Several days ago It suddenly went dead, no blue screen- power was off .
It rebooted right away but crashed again in a few minutes. I smelled
something like hot phenolic material. After a little checking I found
that the power supply fan was not working.

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com