Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Blower motor died on a 18 year old Furnace: Update 2

wrote:

I did post in the original thread, but I'll repeat. I got the motor
from Gainger, it cost $69 and change including the cap and taxes. The
replacement is made by Dayton and made in China (what isn't these
days), the original was a GE and assembled in Mexico. Both are 1/2 hp
1075rpm, but the Dayton is 3 speed and the GE was 4. I wired the
replacement the same, I thought only using low for the wire that used
the medium low on the old motor. I will double-check the speed again.
The way I did it originally was to go upstairs and turn the
thermostat's fan control to "on" instead of "auto" I think that may
cause the motor to run at a different speed than when the thermostat
actually calls for heat.

That's probably true.

I will re-check and make sure I am on low
speed for heating and high for cooling.

How would I make the cooling and heating use the same speed? Wire both
wires to the same winding?

Thanks
Vladimir