Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - What should I about tow truck damage?

23. Goedjn

"Eat the loss. Beat the son.

But I don't want to be a jerk about this. If it truly was unavoidable

Yes, you do. "

I fail to see why anyone should eat the loss just because the tow truck
operator says the damage was unavoidable. If it's really small, it may
not be worth pursuing, but I sure don't see how asking about it makes
Toller a jerk. The tow operator is supposed to be a professional. He
should be able to determine up front it he can safely pull the car out.
If he thought there was risk, then he should have stated so and then
the son could have called another tow company or pursued other options.
Since he damaged it, there is a good chance he is responsible for it,
but without being there or knowing all the facts, its hard to tell.

BTW, beating the son is a bad advice too.