Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default PING: Charles Self

Larry Blanchard said:

Greg G. wrote:

RHIME and PCRelay.**Man,*I*feel*old...

Hah! When you start remembering Univac, Ramac, IBM650s, Readix, and
yes, plugboards, THEN you can feel old :-). I'm 68.

I abdicate - that's a bit before my time.
I guess that makes you a superior old fart than I. ;-)

As a kid, I do remember buying surplus computer boards that had tiny
clip mounted vacuum tubes attached - but I never knew from equipment
what they originated. 1000 or so of these 12" x 9" boards would
functionally fit inside a 2mm x 2mm dot these days.

And I don't remember what I paid for my first 8" floppy drive, but I
remember it put a hole in my computing budget for a while :-).

As have many of my computer related purchases.
I still have some of it. Wanna see? ;-)

Greg G.