Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

Default PING: Charles Self

Greg G. wrote:

BBS's and PC bridge software to ARPANET were the norm for us.
Ah, yes.**I*(barely)*remember*$450*300baud*modems,*Win dows*1.0,*the
GEM GUI, CP/M, $2,000 dollar 10 meg hard drives, IBM BIOS lawsuits,
FTL and Robert Voysteres, Heathkit, DRDOS, FIDOnet, the DEC Rainbow,
RHIME and PCRelay.**Man,*I*feel*old...

Hah! When you start remembering Univac, Ramac, IBM650s, Readix, and
yes, plugboards, THEN you can feel old :-). I'm 68.

And I don't remember what I paid for my first 8" floppy drive, but I
remember it put a hole in my computing budget for a while :-).

--
Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!