DoN. Nichols

Default Bridgeport single phase motors ?

In article ,
Stanley Baer wrote:

Ron Coffey wrote:
Is there a replacement from a 3 phase to single phase motor for an older J2
type bridgeport head? Around a 1 to 1/12 hp.
tia,
Ron

I made a adapter mount that allows me to use any 56C size motor. If I
recall correctly I also had to make a sleeve for the shaft.

Yours must be the kind with the motor above the belt housing.
Mine (the Series-I CNC) has the motor below the belt housing, and
anything longer than the original "pancake" motor would hit the ram.
(Of course, in my shop, I don't have enough overhead clearance for a
longer motor above the belt housing anyway. :-) It makes me glad that
this uses a quick-change spindle, and thus I don't need to get to a
drawbar. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564