Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Furnace will not come on unless I reset circuit breaker.

"John" wrote in message
"Noon-Air" wrote in
:

its broken, call your favorite tech.

Once I get the error codes I can go from there. I see no reasons to call
for an expensive service call when all I need to do is clean a flame
sensor
or replace a $45 ignitor.

Is this your post?
No change in our venting. It is, however, much colder than it has been
in previous winters.

I did replace an EXTREMELY dirty furnace filter the day before the
problem started. I can't imagine though, how this would bear on the
situation.

If you cant figure out how a dirty filter can cause a unit to trip out and
lock out and stay in a locked out condition, then you REALLY do need to call
a qualified tech out.
Particularly if you are willing to pay $45 for a damn ignitor...an ignitor
that ISNT your issue, nor is that flame sensor.
And if you cant find the error codes, that are either on your board, or on
the door, then you sure you can go from there? I mean, just cause it says
its in a particular circuit, does that mean you will replace everything in
it and then still get the code later? Then, you are still down, and its
still not right, and you have blown money on parts you didnt need....lets
see...

$200 in parts you didnt need....
or
$150 service call that got you fixed...