Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Chuck

Default Deer antler... Phew!

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:55:48 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

Not to presume to speak for the Almighty, but having perhaps a
smattering of (increasingly UN-)common sense which He, in His
benevolence, blessed me with, let me see if I can help you over the
bumpy spots:

a) make teeth with nerves in them?

So we know when there's a problem and don't just keep chomping away,
letting infection spreading through our body, killing us.

b) make teeth that typically don't last a lifetime?

Whose lifetime are you talking about? I know 90-year-olds with their
natural teeth. IT'S CALLED A TOOTH BRUSH.

Wasn't it obvious that the "design life' of
humans would increase over time as we
figured out how to use all that gray matter
provided in our "design"?

Apparently some of us have a little difficulty getting it fired up
before we hit the "Enter" key. (See c1 and c2, below...)

c) put hair on human male heads that often only
last 30 to 40 years. Did The Intelligent Designer
leave it to us to figure out how to make
hats from other animals' hides or fur
to keep our heads warm - or from baking?

Yeah, it's called "genetics." Maybe you've heard of it?
Once again, that rare gift called "common sense" kicks in...or
doesn't, and we reap the benefits or suffer with the consequences.

c) have the sex drive kick in before the development
of at least the basics understanding of cause
and effect (sic hoc, ergo propter hoc)?

And those would be called "Parents." I'm sure you remember them.
They're the ones who _should_ have taught you what to do, who and when
to do it with. They might even have had some things to say about at
least the rudiments of respect for other people's beliefs, too, but
maybe you weren't listening.

Hey, but who know's maybe I'm wrong, and we're just a big, cosmic
accident. Well, you anyhow.

But then again....maybe I'm not. See, the funny thing about that is,
_you_ are the only one who will have to suffer the consequences if you
make the wrong choice.

BTW, there's this verse some of us are familiar with. Maybe it will
help you some time: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked..."

charlie b
who tends to go off on tangents - even with
woodworking projects

Well Charlie, for your sake, I hope you don't choose wrong and go off
on the ultimate tangent.

Chuck - Who seldom rises to the bait of trolls, but some things just
gotta be done

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com