Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

Default OT - old software Was: PING: Charles Self

WillR wrote:

I remember that one too.**But*my*favorite*was*the*full*C*compiler
(no, not a subset) that ran on the Z80.**Others*had*said*it*couldn't
be done.**Came*on*2*(IIRC)*8"*floppies.**I*wish*I*cou ld*remember*the
company name, but my memory is getting old along with the rest of me.

Now you've ticked me off cause I should remember. Now I'm gonna be
trying to remember for days. :-(

I presume this was for CP/M -- cause I do remember something -- and I
don't mean Microsoft who was doing their Commercial BASIC as I recall.

Maybe we should give a free Dynabyte System to the person who
remembers...

I remember! I remember! It was a company called Ecosoft - If you sent
them a bug report they'd fix it and send you an updated compiler with
your bug and others reported all fixed.

And yes it was CP/M.

Can I have an Ohio Scientific system instead?

--
Keep Saturn in Saturnalia