Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default Lifiting a Lathe...

Rex B wrote:

David Billington wrote:

It is rather a good idea to have someone handy to keep an eye on you
so that if it does go wrong they can call 911 (999 UK) or whatever
the local emergy code is, just in case.

Or if you live in the rural South, someone to hold your beer while you
"try somthin'"

I like it, you wouldn't want your beer spilt, especially if its a good
brew .

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

All of the suggestions given have been good ones. The one not
given, and I strongly recommend AGAINST it, is to have friends
help. I mean, help lift.
Do this by yourself, inch by inch, as suggested, even if it takes
hours. The slower you do it the more methodical, respectful and
careful you become. This is in contrast to "I'll buy the beer, I
think four of us can lift it". KEEP PEOPLE AWAY!!!!

Ivan Vegvary (lifted many things, even two story houses, fractional
inch at a time.