Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default Furnace will not come on unless I reset circuit breaker.

What's your fuel source? Oil, propane, or natural gas?

Is it an 80% (metal chimney) or 90% model (plastic PVC vent)?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"John" wrote in message
Problem with my Bryant furnace.

I come home or wake up to a cold house. The furnace has stopped working.
First thing I do is beat on the thermostat. Does not work. Turning the
blower to the on position starts the blower motor.

I go downstairs, and reset the furnace circuit breaker. Furnace fires up.

The rest of the day, the thing works fine. Then a day later, happens
again.

I put tape over the door switch, so I can see if the diagnostic LED is
blinking a code next time it happens. I assume the door switch kills
power, thus clearing any errors.

Right now it glows steady. I suppose I need a list of error codes, and
possibly a way to retrive any stored codes, if the board has that capacity.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John